Saturday, October 18, 2008

Midvale Round-Up

It was the most beautiful day
to start Midvale Round-Up.
The guys started about 7:00am
and we went out about
noon. It was 50 or so and no wind!!!
There they come.
All of the snow has melted and you would
never know that we had over a foot just
a week ago.
The foothills behind us
(Wind Rivers) still have tons.

Linc relaxing after getting to the final cut
at Winchesters.


Madi on Gabby.

Grandpa took a break from riding
and he is doing his yelling from the truck.
Ford thought it was great to yell
at the cows as long
as he wasn't too close.

Lincoln on Madi's horse Gabby.
Linc's horse is too jumpy at the moment.
He needs along pack trip to calm down.
Lincoln heading up the heard.

Madi and Ford waited for the guys to
bring the cows over the ridge.
He just watched and watched.
I know someday he will want to ride just like
Lincoln.








3 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow, Em - in that last picture Madi looks just like you! Your kids look like regular cowboys...cowpeople?:) Love the one of Ford yelling out the window - I can totally picture it!

Hey - how were the Costco steaks?:)

Zent Family said...

Ford's hair is so red--I love it!! I'm glad the weather was nice, you never know in Wyoming. Count us in for the Christmas name drawing.

Jenni and fam said...

Hey Emily. It really amazes me to see your kids on horses like that. I have to admit..when I was young...maybe 10 or so I was on a horse and it got alljumpy and spooked and sort of bucked me off. Then a few years later I was on another hourse riding next to another person on a horse.. that horse started to run and so mine did too. But it FREAKED me out because I couldn't stop it and ever since then I am really leary about horses. So to see your kids on them its so cool!